Saturday, 11 February 2012

VALENTINES SKITTLES FAIL !

I had such high hopes for this mani, but this turned into one of the biggest fails ever ! 


You may remember I got some stamping plates from born pretty a while ago and I only got round to trying them out the other day, I decided the use the hearts french tip stamp, now this is my first time stamping and I don't think it could have gone any worse ! 


I thought I'd stamp the pattern to cover my whole nail in all different pinks and reds etc, so I painted all my nails with a pale pastel pink franken and then started stamping with zoya renee, sometimes it went ok other times I just wanted to cry ! anyway I carried on with different colours and then in an attempt to hide the hideous stamping I started layering different polishes over it 


pinky - Teenage dream, Ring - I lilly love you (it smudged so badly !), Middle - clear with a red heart rhinestone, Pointy - nubar 2010

This was my favourite finger out of them all , but it was still a shambles ! loll look at my horrific stamping, I completely missed the side of the nails ! : o 

Anyways I hope your Ok after that, do you have any stamping tips for me ?
Pin It

14 comments:

  1. My favourite is the pinky with the sparkles all over it! :D I'm sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with stamping. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. no worries. practice makes perfect! not bad for your first try. I think a lot of it has to do with the stamping polish you're using because a lot of regular nail polishes don't work. I myself only use regular nail polish if it's a chrome or if it's sally hansen insta dri, but I mainly use Konad stamping polish. Hope you enjoy your Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the very first time I stamped it on paper and half the colours I used didn't work, I thought there was something wrong with the plates ! loll I'm still trying to see which polishes work best but I'm going to keep on practicing ; )

      Delete
  3. I hate when I have high hopes and then my mani's are total fails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, unfortunately that happens to be a regular occurrence with me !

      Delete
  4. Don't worry-it happens to all of us! It just takes more practice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. loll, I know I'll be doing a lot of practise so expect to see some more pretty bad fails ! hehe ;)

      Delete
  5. I like it! If you wouldn't of said anything I would have thought you meant it to be this way! My son has a note book broken stamped with words! Ha That cost me 3 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that sounds cool! Omg, you should totally do a mani inspired by it it would look soo cool, as for this I'm glad you didn't think it was a huge fail loll !

      Delete
  6. I was expecting something terrible...but it looked really good like you meant it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually absolutely adore these nails!! I don't think it is a fail at all!

    ReplyDelete

iIlove all your comments, but please don't spam with your blog links, if you want me to look at your blog please drop me an email at nail-loopy@hotmail.co.uk instead, thanx : )