Wednesday 8 May 2013

MAYBELLINE COLOR SHOW NAILS - POLKA DOT COLLECTION REVIEW & SWATCHES!

Hi guys, I'm super excited about what I have to show you today.
 A few people recently posted  pictures of these beauties on Facebook and I knew I needed them ! I am missing the pink one but I didn't really want that one but I may pick it up to review if I come across it in my travels! In the meantime you can see swatches of them here and here
Ok this is really picture heavy so I've inserted a jump, click more to read full reviews and see lots more photos of these beautiful polishes!





So without further ado let me introduce you the the new Color Show Polka Dot polishes by Maybelline. 
There are 4 colours in this collection and they all have matte white and black hex glitter in them in different sizes, I think the glitter is the same in all the polishes and it's just the base colour that's different but they are all gorgeous and unique (to the UK market at least) too. 

Ok, so to avoid repeating myself  the first two polishes, Rainforest Canopy and Shooting Stars are 2 coats and a little bit of dabbing with one coat of topcoat. The formula was great, very easy to work with and not too sheer at all, the glitter was a little bit clumpy so just be careful. 
Maybelline really nailed it with these :)


Shooting Stars, a dark blue jelly with matte black and white glitter. I'd recommend topcoat with this one to smooth it out and if you apply your coats thicker the base colour will look darker like it does on my ring finger.









Rain forest Canopy - Dark green, kind of a hunter green with blue undertones, jelly with the same matte white and black glitter. The base colour isn't as dark in this one as Shooting Stars so the glitter is more visible. 










Chalk Dust - This is a matte black and white glitter topcoat. This was nice and dense and I only needed one coat on each nail, the glitter spread out evenly and didn't clump at all. It didn't dry gritty either, but I'd still recommend topcoat. 
I've shown it over different colours for you here and I'll list the colours below. 


L-R, Kiko 238, Milani Juicy Glo, Essie Shorty Pants, China Glaze I'm with the Lifeguard





L-R: Kiko 340, Essie Lights, Essie Butler Please, Jesse's Girl Fashion Friday












Wow, that was a lot right!
 Well I hope I got across how awesome these polishes are ! They completely surpassed my expectations. I'm really excited to see polishes like this cropping up in the uk, the big companies are clearly taking notes from all the Indie makers out there :) 
These retail for a bargainous £2.99 for 7ml and they are currently on sale in Superdrug stores and online here with an offer of 3 for 2 ! They are also in Boots stores with an offer of buy one get one half price! So what are you waiting for, you can pick up the whole set of 4 polishes for just £9!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I want it! All your combos looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last combo is awesome, I'm waiting for this polishes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Τhаnks in support of ѕharing such a рlеasаnt iԁеa, аrticlе iѕ fastidiοus, thats why i have
    read it entігеlу

    mу ωеb рagе: Commongood.Ning.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, beautiful swatches!! I am sold on this polish now I think :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome swatches! I hope they get released in Canada as I have yet to see them...

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, but please don't spam with your blog links, if you want me to look at your blog please drop me an email at nail-loopy@hotmail.co.uk instead, thanx : )