Monday 17 November 2014

PISTACHIO NAILS

Hi everyone, how are you all today? Today I decided to make a trip to Sally's and got some amazing polishes, most of which are gifts but I like shopping for gifts so I'm happy :)
Tonight I have some nail art which I did a while ago, I shared a sneak peek on instragram a while ago and I absolutely love these!
This whole design was inspired by the colour Citrus Green* from the Deco Art acrylic paints. The green just reminded me of pistachios and I had to paint them on my nails because that's what normal people do right?!
I used 2 coats of Orly Pure Porcelain as a base colour and them painted on the pistachio kernels first by mixing together white, brown and hint of yellow paints to get the right colour. I then painted in the pistachios using Citrus Green* and Grasshopper Green* acrylic paints by Deco Art. I then outlined everything with black acrylic paint. 










Love it! This is probably the most realistic nail art I've done, realistic nail art is still unfamiliar territory for me and a tad bit frightening so I'm trying it out a slowly. 

Pin It

3 comments:

I love all your comments, but please don't spam with your blog links, if you want me to look at your blog please drop me an email at nail-loopy@hotmail.co.uk instead, thanx : )